Measure, Manage, Improve – Achieving Your Company’s Goals
I had the opportunity to present to an incredible group of CEO’s and business owners yesterday. The topic was on dashboards and how to tie them better to your company’s goals. If I did my job well, everyone took away at least one of the following points to start applying to their business today:
- Your dashboard should tie to your company’s goals for the year.
- What you measure and include on your dashboard is what your team is going to focus on.
- Be sure to include leading indicators, not just lagging so there is time to make decisions and adjust.
- Share with your management team and encourage them to share with their respective teams.
- Reward success as you reach each milestone towards the company’s goals this year.
And never forget…What gets measured gets managed, what gets managed improves!